This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Cell line development services
ExcellGene’s exceptional host system CHOExpress®, outstanding technologies for fast generation of high-yield cell lines, and scalable manufacturing processes are the result of more than 20 years of deeply committed research, innovation, and optimisation.
Up to 14 g/L, fully chemically defined process
Diverse protein formats
mAbs, bispecifics, fusion proteins, biosimilars, virus surface proteins
Robust cells for scalable processes
100 L, 500 L, 2000 L, 10’000 L
What properties make CHOExpress® host cells exceptional?
19 hours doubling time
Growth to high density
>35 Mio cells/mL in fed-batch culture
High sub-cultivation ratios
Higher than 1:20
Developing your cell line with ExcellGene
Each project is customized for the clients’ needs and handled by a dedicated team
Benefit from more than 20 years of expertise in cell line development and manufacturing technology.
We are deeply committed to achieve your milestones, timelines and target titers.
Your cell line development timeline
From DNA to IND
Your gene is integrated into transcriptionally active DNA, which guarantees high productivity, high cell line stability (>95%) and high comparability between stable pools and clonally derived cell lines.
- Extensive media and feed screening to identify optimal production conditions
- Cell line stability study is included
- Development of scalable upstream and downstream processes and tech transfer (optional)
- Use of Design of Experiments (DoE) for process optimization
- State-of-the-art FDA and EMA compliant cloning procedures for documented proof of clonality
- Support for assay development and analytics
- Cell line development reports which support clinical trials and market authorization (IND, CTA/BLA, MAA)
- Full freedom in choice of media and feeds, including proprietary media
- Licensing opportunities for the CLD platform are available.
Download the PDF
For your convenience, this overview of our cell line development services is available as a downloadable PDF.